Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs?
Read more about this on the CDC Website
The Department of Parks and Recreation is excited to open all outdoor pools for the Summer 2022 season!
- Outdoor pools will open for Memorial Day Weekend on Saturday, May 28.
- Outdoor pools will open Tuesday through Sunday, June 28 - August 15
- Starting August 16, the Outdoor Pools will be on a modified schedule. For information on each facility's schedule, please go to Outdoor Pool Links.
*Outdoor Pools will return to a weekend only schedule starting August 29.
- Outdoor pools will not operate on Mondays EXCEPT for holidays. The pools will be open on Memorial Day (May 30), Independence Day (July 4), and Labor Day (September 5)
- The outdoor pools are very popular and tend to reach capacity early in the day/sessions. To ensure patrons can be admitted to the pools, advanced reservations are encouraged. Drop-in/day of admission will still be available up to the pool's operating capacity. Discounted admission fees for the outdoor pools are available for online reservations ONLY. Drop-in/Day-of admission fees are regular price. Make your online reservations through PARKS DIRECT!
Summer Operating Schedule for Outdoor Pools
- Weekends only May 28 - June 28 (Pools will be open for Memorial Day - May 30)
- Tuesday through Sunday (CLOSED on Mondays except for Holidays as of June 28)
- Two pools sessions will be available each day: 12:00 noon-3:00 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm. Pools are cleared 15 minutes prior to the end of each session.
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George's County offers both summertime and year-round swimming opportunities. Make a splash, swim some laps or learn water safety at one of our public aquatic facilities!